Stevenson is a family owned company with interests in mining, aggregates and engineering. Our Engineering division provides engineering services to the transport, mining, quarrying, energy and construction sectors. Our comprehensive workshop facilities are located in East Tamaki.
We are currently looking to employ a trade certified Fitter Welder at our East Tamaki Workshops. The work is varied and will see you completing a range of welding projects.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Hold a suitable trade certificate or have at least 10 years equivalent experience.
- Be proficient in MIG, MMA and some TIG experience.
- Be capable to passing AS/NZS 2980 all positional FCAW & MMA.
- Have experience in the maintenance and repair of heavy plant.
- Have their own transport and appropriate tools.
- Possess good written & verbal communication skills.
- Forklift and heavy trucks licenses are preferred
- Be available to work overtime.
- Be adaptable and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Health and safety underpins everything we do at Stevenson , so you must have a strong commitment to working safely.
We offer an opportunity to join some of New Zealand’s best equipped general engineering workshops. Our pay rates are consistently above the industry average, we provide free medical insurance, and a host of other benefits.
Please note that a pre-employment medical examination including a test for illegal drugs will be required. We also operate a random drug and alcohol testing programme. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org