Stevenson is a family owned company with interests in mining, aggregates, and engineering. We are currently looking to employ qualified diesel mechanics across the Auckland/Waikato regions. You will need to have a good understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems and have a background in heavy machinery.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Trade qualification
- Relevant heavy machinery experience
- Hydraulic and electrical experience is preferred
- Heavy trucks and forklift license is preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills and initiative
- Be available to work overtime
- Have own transport and own appropriate tools
- Be adaptable and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Health and safety underpins everything we do at Stevenson , so you must have a strong commitment to working safely.
We offer an opportunity to join some of New Zealand’s best equipped general engineering workshops. Our pay rates are consistently above the industry average, we provide free medical insurance, and a host of other benefits.
Please note that a pre-employment medical examination including a test for illegal drugs will be required. We also operate a random drug and alcohol testing programme. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please apply at email@example.com